You’ve probably done a plank before, the problem is….. they can get a little boring. Adding in plank taps is a great way to freshen up some of your training while also adding in a little shoulder stability.
- starting from the floor is the most difficult
- if you need you can start raising the height at which you’re starting with either by adding a box, bench, or even to a bar
- How wide your feet are apart
- With either widening or bringing your feet in closer together you can make it easier or harder. (wider feet means you have a wider base making it a little easier)
- Shifting your weight
- you want to aim for keeping your hips square to the ground and avoid excessive side to side movements
- Letting your hips drop or shoot up
- you want to think you’re body is a plank and not the knock off planks you get from the reject bin at the lumber yard, meaning your shoulder and hips are in a nice straight line not to high but not letting them droop down
Give it a try and let us know what you think!