You see our faces in the gym, clinic and online … but who ARE we when we aren’t at STAVE OFF? That is a great question and one we want to answer. So we are going to introduce ourselves. Not our work selves, our personal selves so you can get to know a bit about us.
Next up… Meet Maura!
Maura was actually a student of Christina’s and she was so strong in her skills, approach and just overall as a person… we hired her at STAVE OFF immediately. We are SO glad we got to keep and that you get to know her a little bit better as a result 🙂
Hi! My name is Maura Leslie, I am one of the Physiotherapists and coaches at STAVE Off.
- I am 24 years old, originally from Toronto, and have been living in Kingston since 2017.
- I am likely one of the clumsiest people you’ve met to date. Its lead me to be quite injury prone… Luckily I’m a physio!! (Including a rather unfortunate recent injury involving a freezer!)
- One of my favourite things to do is pretend that I am a good singer. I absolutely LOVE music and you will always find me singing along (likely loudly) to catchy choruses.
- Fun fact: when I was 6, my biggest struggle was how I would manage being a professional soccer player and singer at the same time.
- I love being outside. I grew up camping, skiing and spending time outdoors with my family. I feel truly myself when I’m immersed in nature.
- I am a very silly person, and I’m very proud of this because I get this trait from my Dad. We have the same weird sense of humour!
- Four things that make me happy day to day: Spending time with friends, tasty coffee, yummy food and good beer.
- I am definitely NOT a morning person. (and this make us love her even more for agreeing to take some of the morning classes ahaha)
- One of my biggest accomplishments to date is climbing Mount Kilimanjaro last May. Next up will hopefully be base camp of Everest!
She also is a wonderful physiotherapist and she can definitely help you. If you want to learn more about her professionally you can check her out here. If you want to book an appointment, check out this link!