You see our faces in the gym, clinic and online … but who ARE we when we aren’t at STAVE OFF? That is a great question and one we want to answer. So we are going to introduce ourselves. Not our work selves, our personal selves so you can get to know a bit about us.
First up… meet Kelsey!
Kelsey is our wonderful pelvic floor physiotherapist and the main coach of Strong Like Mom. She has been at STAVE OFF since 2017 and we wouldn’t want it any other way.
Here’s a little bit about her.
- I am 26 years old, and live in Kingston with my fiancée, my dog (shown here!) named Ziggy , and my sister-in-law-to-be! (We’re all hoping that she will be able to have her wedding in the fall!!)
- I’m a planner. I love daydreaming about the future and spend too much time looking at houses I can’t afford and thinking of what I might name my future children .
- I love babies. One of the MANY reasons I enjoy working with moms so much is that they bring their baby with them!!
- Although I went into the sciences, I really love the arts as well! . In my spare time I dabble with photography (I have an old film camera) , and enjoy listening to music on our record player . I also love to choreograph on ice, as I used to be an ice dancer. ⛸
(Fun additional fact… she does choreography on the ice for the Queens team! She is their head coach!)
- I am an OLD SOUL (as demonstrated in the last point). Seriously. I was so resistant to social media and hate most new technologies. I am always about 15 years behind whatever the newest slang/trends are.
- I like nearly every food out there. I am the least picky eater. My mom calls me a “garbage can”.
- I think I might be the only person in the world who doesn’t drink coffee (not really because I don’t like it, bu t I’m too lazy to make it and too cheap to buy it!)
- My biggest fear is CONFLICT. I hate having conflict with people, which has made me into a people pleaser. It’s something I need to work on 🤭
She also is a wonderful physiotherapist and she can definitely help you. If you want to learn more about her professionally you can check her out here. If you want to book an appointment, check out this link!